Thread: Rick Nash
View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 04:06 PM
mschmidt64

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
Frankly, with his injury history, i'd rather Gaborik stay a little more away from the physical side of the game. We need him on the ice and healthy.

We have something special here offensively for the first time in a long time, this is probably the most talented a set of three forwards we have had since Lindros, Bure, and Kovalev or perhaps even Gretz, Messier, and Robataille.
Are you talking talent alone? I mean.... this trio of Nash-Richards-Gaborik is gonna be a lot better than either of those groups were.

Lindros's high water mark here was his first year in 2001 when he scored 37 goals and 36 assists for 73 points. Bure had 20 points in his 12 games here that season.

The next season Lindros fell off to 19 goals and 53 assists in a full 81 gmaes, and Bure had 19 goals and 11 assists in 39 games, and Kovalev had 10 goals and 3 assists in 24 games.

That was never an elite grouping. Maybe you are thinking of the FLY line with Fleury-Lindros-York, who netted 79 total goals in 2001, but frankly I think it will not be too hard for Nash-Richards-Gaborik to top that in an 82 game season. 30-20-30 will do it, and that is being conservative.

Nash and Gaborik are potential 40 goals scorers.

Gretzky-Messier-Robitaille 25-36-24 goals, which is 85, that may be harder to top.

But the pace that Nash-Richards-Gaborik are on right now is 136, so....