View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 04:25 PM
Hockeyfever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Roundtable had him listed as a center last week, which might be the reason for his limited minutes and also why he hasn't gotten a look from Nashville. I don't understand why they would want him as a center, though, unless they're trying to groom him as Legwand or Fisher's replacement up the middle...
You are correct that he has been playing center for Milwaukee. At the beginning of the season Watson played wing but they noticed his talent as a center and moved him there. Watson is a natural center and has played that position most of his hockey career but he can also play wing. I do understand what you are saying though.My thought was just that since he is the leading goal scorer on Milwaukee with limited time wouldn't they want to give him a bigger roll especially when things aren't going so well in Milwaukee at the moment. I.E a six game losing streak and 0-26 on the power play currently. I do see your point also about if they are grooming him to play center in the NHL there isn't room there currently in Nashville. Maybe they could put him on the wing like they have done with Wilson? Not sure just an idea.

Hockeyfever is offline   Reply With Quote