View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 04:38 PM
jd2210
Registered Non User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
All right, as an outsider here, I've seen 'Sunshine' and 'should have signed Sunshine' come up a few times. Who is Sunshine?
A guy we drafted in the 7th round in 2008 named Joacim Eriksson. He came to prospect camp that year and dominated the running portion of the trial on the isle proving his dedication to fitness which is a huge factor with goalies. By about mid to late 08 many around here were very excited about him (myself included) and when 2010 came and went and he wasn't signed a lot posters around here were ready to quarter and drag Homer even though no-one had any clue as what his demands were regarding a contract (once again, myself included).

He has been a very steady goaltender ever since the draft back in 08 (and has posted some monster numbers along the way) which has made many here wish he had been signed instead of some or all of the other guys who have been brought in instead. Although he is now draft eligible, no-one else has bothered to draft him either which leads me to think there is a reason no-one wants him (like he said he doesn't want to come over for example). But if he has not made any strange demands I join the list of those who wonder why we keep signing garbage or old fogies instead of guys like him.

I'm really hoping that Stolie the goalie becomes the tender of the future so we can put the Sunshine thing to rest because it is going to bother many of us until someone we draft actually stops some pucks. Until then he is destined to be the most overtalked about player who was never signed.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote