View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 05:37 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
I actually didn't see the 1st when I posted. But I would not trade either Yandle or Hanzal for ROR + a throw in like Sgarbossa. Not a bad prospect, but not super noteworthy in value. At least not enough to where you can't say no. It's not that ROR is bad, or isn't great defensively. He is. But Hanzal is required to make the playoffs in the Pacific. He is the key to the Coyotes playing Dave Tippett style hockey. Not only that, he is signed to a great contract and loves it in Phoenix. He also is arguably responsible for Radim Vrbata being a useful player. Take him out and there are consequences.

Yandle is just flat out worth more.
O'Reilly is significantly better than Hanzal, so hopefully you're speaking from your heart rather than your head when you wouldn't move him for O'Reilly.

Avs wouldn't move O'Reilly for less than full value, so teams expecting a discount need not apply. A five mil offersheet beyond five years would start at first, second, third territory unless rfa rules dropped the years averaged since the cba.

O'Reilly and Barrie for Yandle is about where we'd stand. Selke caliber center with 65-70 point upside that would probably center your top line and do well with it in Tippet's system. Barrie is right around Runblad's potential but ahead of him defensively at this point.

No one says to take it though, I'd rather keep O'Reilly than make that deal.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote