View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 05:53 PM
Art of Sedinery

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
You don't need to put down Kassian to pump up Hodgson.
While I agree that Kassian was underwhelming and highly inconsistent for Buffalo, he has absolutely played well in the early going this year for Vancouver.

I absolutely would not trade back now though, so Hodgson for me. He has crazy high hockey IQ, his skating has improved, and he filled a huge hole on our roster. I think he has the potential to be Pominville as a center, basically, which is a great two-way forward, a good leader, and a consistent top line player. Kassian has plenty of potential too, but I think he's got quite a bit farther to go than Hodgson to fulfill it. He's had a good start this year, but for a kid who had major problems with consistency, I have a hard time banking on it lasting a whole season. I think he will have a lot of peaks and valleys in his play while he continues to develop.
Of course Kassian is behind in his development compared to Hodgson. He is a year behind.

Last year Kassian was just like Hodgson was 2 years ago. Showed a couple of flashes but also showed he wasn't ready for regular NHL duty. Last year Cody proved he could play significant minutes with a top team and produce. That is exactly what Kassian has done so far.

Art of Sedinery is offline   Reply With Quote