View Single Post
Old
12-14-2003, 08:24 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior
The Redenbach-Williams-Getzlaf line was the best line in the entire REMAX challenge series. Williams reminds me of Mike Richards in the OHL and Richards was a first rounder. The leafs got maybe the best steal of the draft taking him 220th?!? In fact I think the leafs should sign him this year and get him some AHL games and use him as an injury replacement for the playoffs. Williams is better than Kyle Wellwood and would easily be the top center in St.John's right now.
I watched all 6 games as well..and I agree that, WHL line was one of hte best in the tourney and had great Chemistry... If I was a selection committee I would seriously have thought about adding the whole line to Team Canada.. Willilams had lots of chances in the tourney and puck just seemed to follow him around.. He also is very versatile as he plays both wing and center...

Not sure I would take anything away from Wellwood in St. Johns as he has done very well for himself in St. Johns ...but I got to see Jeremey live last week and every time I do I come away impressed with him, but most surprising is that its hared to believe NHL teams passed on this guy so long...He should have been drafted much higher..

I think it was a great pick by TORONTO...