View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 06:37 PM
hockeyfan2k11

vCash: 500
Habs fans are something else. They can't stand opinionated players. Cam was loved one minute, then the second he said something we all said and that the players are saying now about PG/JM admin, he was public enemy number one. Same thing here with PK. It has happened before and it will continue to happen.

I have heard the guy compared to TO, Moss, etc. A lot of people see him like that...and if you don' think these comparisons and criticisms are not backed by bigotry then you have your head in the sand. The NHL is a very old school, niche sport with a large white demographic. Hockey is the one sport where fans can "get away" from the "punks" of the NBA and NFL. PK has not fallen in line like many other black hockey players. He is engaging and flashy.

Do I think the Habs negotiations have anything to do with race? No. But I do think a good chunk of the unreasonable criticism is race based. He now has a rep and it will follow him for the rest of his career. Pretty unfortunate.

His start is falling in Montreal and it really isn't much of his doing. Hockey is a "fall in line" sport. PK's not that kind of guy.

He will be traded. The damage is done. I just hope Bergie gets a more than solid return and we're not searching for a player of PK's ilk for years to come just like we've been searching for an impact layer/1st line center.

Such is life.