Old
01-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Random tangent:

I really dislike the Buffalo restaurant scene. We just have the most uninspired menus I've ever seen in my entire life. It's always:

Protein X, Starch Y, with Vegetable Z

I spent about two hours yesterday looking through menus and found two dishes (out of about 20 restaurants) that seemed interesting to me. I don't see why I should have to spend $50 per person to get an interesting meal. Pasta dishes in particular are just boring, random noodle you can buy in tops with MAYBE one protein in red sauce possibly with cream.

Also, not a single restaurant serving an appealing risotto dish. And we wonder why everybody goes to Olive garden.
*Disclaimer 1: I say this purely as my opinion.
*Disclaimer 2: I say this as someone who has been cooking my entire life and in my humble opinion, I'm pretty damn good at it.
*Disclaimer 3: I'm not a "foodie" so if that is the angle you are taking with this I guess it's all moot.

There is your problem right there. You don't have to go to the $50 restaurants around here to get amazing food. You can get amazing food going to a locally owned place and spend $15 a plate and get just as good of food as you would get in a higher end restaurant in a major city.

(Yes I know I broke the unwritten rule but at least I waited until intermission)