View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 08:45 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussha View Post
Although I know it will never happen, Bob McKenzie on tsn said that its leaning more likely that the Canadiens are gonna trade PK Subban. I love the guy and would definitely overpay to get him, he's a right hand shot to and I bet Babcock would love him.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414354
I haven't seen him play enough to have a solid opinion on him. I've heard a lot of people rag on him but I've also read some articles that point to advanced stats and say he's really good, particularly defensively.

Let's say the Wings were going to try and trade for him - drop all the "Holland sucks" crap for a minute, because I don't care. What do we think it would take for the Wings to acquire him. We'd assume they would lock him up long-term if they acquired him.

Remember, for this exercise I don't care about any "Holland is a looser and teh wurst evurr so he wud be to stoopid too trade" blah blah blah. Don't care. With what the Wings have, what's fair value?

I would think the Habs would want Ouellet. They'd probably want Smith too, but I would say the Wings shouldn't deal both. They'd probably want Nyquist and/or Tatar, and they'd probably want Abdelkader and/or Sheahan. And probably some picks. Just spitballing here. They would probably ask for Helm and it would be worth considering if that would save some of the other top assets - 1st pair 2 way D >>>>> 3rd line stonehanded speedster.

If they could get it done with just picks and lower level prospects that would be ideal - we've seen what happens when the Wings try to pick in the 1st round...

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote