View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 09:03 PM
teh doors
worst habs poster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
sign PK already and then deal one of kaberle or Weber for a 3rd or a tough carkner-like dmen who can play the odd game vs philly or boston.

there's no point in sending glachenyuk back. none.
Matt Carkner isn't a very good player and he's a moron to boot. That's not what you want on this team. I agree that a policeman on defence would be nice, but you want him to be able to play hockey too. Weber is a young defenceman who we'll regret losing, let him learn and maybe he'll be able to shine if someone shows confidence in him when the opportunity comes up. If not, it would be fair to move him to another team so he can have an opportunity to advance his career and show off the skills that he has.

Kaberle isn't the player he used to be, but bashing him doesn't get anywhere. He'll contribute a little bit offensively. He's a good teammate, a classy man, and a friend of one of the team's key leaders (Plekanec). If the player currently holding out stops clowning around and realizes that he's not nearly as valuable as he thinks, maybe you think about moving Kaberle. But I don't think he's doing as much harm as people say. Everyone just needs someone to rag on.

In the mean time, it doesn't hurt to have a (former) world class vet hanging around. It's important to have at least 8 NHL defenceman. I agree that a 9th, preferably one who is very big and relatively mean (especially for the playoffs), wouldn't be a bad pickup near the trade deadline.

teh doors is offline   Reply With Quote