View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 09:11 PM
Fanned On It

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMazzarone View Post
Nash was completely invisible. I would be second guessing this trade if he continues to play as ineffectively as he has. Otherwise can you say Jagr? Can you say Holik? Can you say Naslund? It will be another one of "those" big name acquisitions for Ranger fans.
Other than this one game.. Nash has been our best forward so far, so I have no idea what game you're watching. The line "as ineffectively as he has" makes me want to puke. He wasn't GREAT tonight, but what about the other three games so far? He was our best forward in game one and two and set up Gabby's first goal in game three. I'd hardly say he's been "ineffective".

ALSO, to those blaming Torts for our woeful PP... get your head checked, cuz it aint the case. You can see that the set plays are there and every player knows what he's "supposed" to do, but beyond that, it's ALL ON THE PLAYERS. Running a successful power-play is almost 100% on the players and how creative they can be with the puck. Like Ron D. said int he Post-Game, at some point you have to forget about set plays and just take the shot or do something different with the puck. We have some great offensive players out there who can shoot/pass the puck, but right now they're just not clicking. I would like to see Stralman out on the PP on the left point so he can utilize his one-timer. Having Richards on the right point is something that I'm beginning to question as he seems to flub one-timers more often than not.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote