View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 10:17 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

vCash: 500
Perfect textbook game on the road. I'm relieved to see that the last game wasn't a result of facing a physically weak team that was playing their 3rd game in 4 nights. Montreal played a great physical game and despite a meh 1st period, they were the better team tonight. It's crazy to see how much Ovechkin has fallen in 3 years, he's really not the same player. Anyway Price with another great performance, didn't give any rebounds and it's too bad he couldn't get the SO. I liked Armstrong's game tonight, played with a lot of heart and created things offensively. The 1st line played a bit better but it's not quite there, Cole seems disinterested at times and Pacioretty seems like he lost a step with all that weight he gained over the summer. Desharnais made a nice play in the third period but Cole got unlucky and hit the post. Gorges despite the goal was struggling in his zone tonight, couldn't get the puck out properly, would always end up on a Capitals' stick. Kaberle made possibly the dumbest play I have ever seen in my life in the first, he litteraly just shot the puck behind him as he was getting out of the defensive zone for no reason which resulted in a good chance but thank god it was Jay Beagle and not someone with better hands. I can't wait for Kaberle to GTFO when Subban signs, Alex Emelin - Andrei Markov, Josh Gorges - Raphael Diaz and Francis Bouillon - PK Subban is a solid core for defense, you can play those three pairings on the road without being worried of getting a bad match-up. Props to Bourque who had another good game, made a play out of nothing on Gionta's goal, put up a 2nd effort to get to that puck and it paid off. Oh and that vision on Plekanec's goal, Markov <3

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote