Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] Benn re-signed (5 years, 5.25 per)
View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 09:36 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
Which shows that RFA/UFA means squat. Might I say, it's a painful process with an RFA- Yashin with Ottawa or Peca with Buffalo- pick your poison. What we went through with Richards or NJ went through with Parise doesn't even compare to those episodes. It's a quick chop and it's done with a UFA. With an RFA, it just drags on and on.

Consider this my last attempt at explaining:

Such deals have to work out for both. If Dallas hands out lots of money for a 8 year term, then we set a precedent for top-dollar extensions in our organization for the up and coming prospects. Can't have that, especially when we still have to sign Roy. At the same time, the player wants to maximize his earning potential, so the team had to agree to give him that opportunity. What the team now needs to do is to build a winner and make him happy. That's it.

And as for Perry and Getzlaf- they're Anaheim's problem. I believe they'll figure something out.
No need to explain anymore, expect ill just say this, while it might be some headaches, at some point the team could have got value for the player, Parise walked and NJ got nothing, but the Sens at least got a return for Yashin.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote