View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 10:46 PM
Wiercioch2Karlsson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
I'm pretty confident management told Alfredsson to take it real easy due to the shortened season. There were times where he would skate for it when it was dumped in but skated back to the bench. Conserving his energy for when it matters most.

Karlsson was a beauty tonight.

Fun fact: Methot is second in points on the team after Karlsson, 3 and 4 points respectively.

Regin continues to be unbelievable on bottom 6 duty and got much more increased ice-time in the third. Condra went beast mode, S-T-A-M-I-N-A.
I really have to disagree with this. Regin, to me, continues to be ineffective. And I think it's not a matter of tools, although his slight frame doesn't help, but his head. I don't ever see him taking the next step.

I also think tonight highlights how badly we need to go out and keep a bottom pairing defenceman... someone who's likeable/good in the locker room, because this young team seems to get along and be having fun. Wiercioch, as much as I like him 2+ years from now, as a 4-5th, is so incredibly not ready for a full season. Having Benoit here at all is already a stretch. Phillips has stunk; Gonchar not much better. Please, Murray, go out and get another defenceman. We are going to look ridiculous at the back end against a good team, honestly.

Other than that - wow, Silfverberg. This guy has "it". Period.

Methot - is this how he played in Columbus? Is it unrealistic to expect him to keep up this level of play?

Generally, we have to keep in mind that Florida played a god-awful game tonight, and we played, say, average, which was enough to win. Tighten it up!

EDIT:
Dear god, it's been a long time... gotta get rid of David Roundleaf #7!

Wiercioch2Karlsson is offline   Reply With Quote