View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 10:49 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
Heh. Donkeys get tired at the most inopportune times, don't ya know.

Well like I posted in the "All Things Subban" thread, I think Franzen is the only good forward available from the Wings right now; I think they're going to push hard to keep Filppula, and nobody else is really worthwhile.

I mean, he can score ~30g, and the cap his is very reasonable, I just think he's gotten a little complacent or something.

(For what it's worth, I've been watching Semin so far this year, and I'd MUCH rather have Franzen. Yeesh. Totally lazy, terrible passing, no defensive game at all...)
I didn't think Semin would help either. Frankly I think the offense would be fine if the D weren't such a disaster. They seem like they're alternating between trying to open up the offense, getting torched because the D is so awful, and then overcompensating by abandoning the offense to help support the D.

As I said, I think Helm is the one forward that is potentially tradeable that the Habs would want. I would rather hang onto him but if we're talking about value, Subban theoretically has much more value as a top pair all-situations Dman.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote