View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 10:11 PM
SPORTSMANIAC

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoRussianAlaskan View Post
There was an article in the Boston Globe that said these teams would be separate from the EJHL squads. Essentially a new team to the organization.

However, there are reports that the league's application was rejected at the USA Hockey meetings.

I searched #USPHL and Nathan Fournier had some quotes from Jersey Hitmen GM Toby Harris saying they expected this since the applications were due back in April but they came up with the USPHL in November/December. He also said they're considering holding off until 14-15. Fournier says they went down to mainly get specifics on 14-15, see if USA Hockey would put them at Tier I, II, or III.
This is Nathan Fournier and here's another story I did after USA Hockey meetings last weekend.

USPHL denied USA Hockey approval for 2013-14
By Nathan Fournier Published: 22nd January 2013

Quote:
The Portland Junior Pirates and the rest of the United States Premier Hockey League are in wait-and-see mode.

This past weekend at the USA Hockey winter meetings, the junior council decided not to approve the USPHL for the upcoming 2013-14 season. The USPHL knew heading into the meeting getting membership to USA Hockey for next season was a long shot.
Link>>>

SPORTSMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote