View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 10:28 PM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Lets say Chris Butler is thrown on a defensive pairing WITHOUT Jay Bouwmeester regularly.... See, I dont like these arguments. If, and, or, but, Turris didn't do too badly in that role. This year, he is better, too. Basically, you are saying Kyle Turris is a #2 center for good because of Jason Spezza. He is being punished because he is playing second fiddle to an elite centerman in the NHL. While I agree he doesn't quite have the skill and proof to be a true #1 yet, it seems rather ridiculous when you are bringing this up on D-men with a comparable being Chris Butler. One of these guys is doing a ton more than the other.

I never said Butler was a #7 defenseman. But its even more stupid to bring up Kyle Turris in an argument of Butler's defense right now. Kyle Turris is a much better player in a more valuable position.
you are still missing the point, badly at that.

We are talking in the present, not the future, no one is suggesting Turris will never be a #1 center.

And when you quoted TheGleninator he was replaying to someone who called Butler a #7 defenseman, that's what brought up the analogy. He wasn't comparing the 2 players either.

But I am finished with this pointless bickering, we have tried to make it as clear as possible what was meant but you are twisting into it being some sort of insult.

100 Third Graders is offline   Reply With Quote