View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 10:31 PM
Neal Before Zod

vCash: 500
I'm not ready to hit the trade panic button yet.

Yes, it would be very nice to get a top 3 finishing forward on this team. That would be very nice. But we will have to consider who is available, what the bring, how much they cost, and what we would have to give up to get them. And we must also consider if said movement will really fix all of our problems.

Minnesota made two huge blockbuster moves over the off season. Two of the biggest names out there. But whether it will fix all of their problems remains to be seen. For superstars, sometimes you're only as good as your supporting cast.

A good playmaking center that is strong on draws would be ideal for us...but they are really expensive. Or we could get one of these talented wingers that can do all kinds of illegal things with the puck. But if he doesn't play defense, he's a waste of time in our system.

In the meantime, I am just going to expect more out of our players. Our veterans need to step it up. They've been around. There's no excuse for making lazy rookie passes or panicking every time there's not an open pass. SK is the biggest offender, though no one, save for maybe Erat, has been producing as we should expect.

And it's time for the second year guys to step up. We're seeing some of that, but all the guys need to pull their weight, Halischuk and Smith are the main guys I'm talking about.

I think the shortened camp has made it where parts of the team are having a hard time gelling...but there's no excuse for the vets there. I've liked (most) of what I've seen from Colin Wilson, but it's time he takes his game to a new level.

Neal Before Zod is offline   Reply With Quote