Thread: Michel Therrien
View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 12:17 AM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Was thinking the same thing. Winning hasn't given him the sense of entitlement yet, and losing hasn't made him start yelling at everyone yet. We'll see what happens, but it's a good start so far, from what I can tell.
The fact that he didn't murder someone after the Leafs game was a good sign. I came close myself, and it ain't my job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Sure. And even Pat Burns said as much that he was not the sort that could be with the same team too long. Guys with emotion are usualy tough guys and they need gritty emotive players to be on their teams. That is why Burns had a strong relationship with Doug Gilmour as Dougie was pure heart and soul and he didn't like guys that were not giving their all like him on the ice. When the coach was screaming he was probably standing by him and thinking "he's right". Sort of like when Keenan was with the NYR and Messier was his Centurion in Chief.
Well Keenan is the perfect example actually...a small majority of players would take a bullet for him (Messier), but most hate his guts and there's a reason he was chased out of every town he works. When Keenan got his players believing it was very effective in short bursts (with the Rangers the best example), when it wasn't it was a disaster and there's a reason he's had little success since 94.

This team isn't a contender right now, a tyrant is going to get chased out of town before they take their team to the next level. Therrien had the same problem screamers always have in his past two jobs, he got his team to over-perform at first but then they burn out and tune him out. This isn't juniors where you have a new group of kids to terrorize into to working hard every year, you need to show respect for your core and treat them like adults.

Last edited by Et le But: 01-25-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote