View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 12:04 AM
kuick
Tatar Sauce

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
I didn't call you a Holland hater. To say that Tatar doesn't have a roster spot next year is complete BS, and I will call you on it. There are four forward position spots to fill next year. Cleary will not be resigned. Even if Filppula is resigned (I don't think he will), that leaves 3 positions. Two of those WILL be filled by Tatar and Nyquist, unless they are traded. To argue against this is arguing against common sense.
Sorry but which four spots are you referring to? Cleary is gone, we all pray. I'd be really surprised if they let Filp walk. Miller and Brunner are the only other expiring contracts up front, and Brunner probably gets another shot unless he completely craps the bed the rest of the season (unlikely).

Cleary, Miller. 2 spots in the bottom 6. Honestly, I think the odds of Bert or Samuelsson getting bought out is a long shot. If Filp and Brunner are re-signed, we have our 12 forwards under contract without Nyquist or Tatar. Mursak is an RFA and I have no clue what will happen to him. Emmerton probably rolls as an extra and it looks like this:

D-B-Z
Franzen-Filp-Nyquist
Bertuzzi-Helm-Samuelsson
Tootoo-Abdelkader-Eaves
Emmerton
(TSL?)

Expecting Holland to let relatively young, in their prime legit top 6 forwards walk for a rookie like Tatar is a bit much to expect from him. Barring a trade, sad as it sounds, I don't see Tatar's spot solidified the same way you do, and I love the kid. It's just not the way Holland is running ship right now.

kuick is offline   Reply With Quote