View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 12:41 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Best forward? That's quite a stretch. He had a game tying goal in game 6, props to him, but he's been a blackhole offensively. I really hope he isn't re-signed because the money he's earning can be invested for an upgrade.

Zero accountability, like I said. Everyone ***** on Gaborik and Richards not playing, even Lundqvist, but Callahan gets away scotch free. It's ridiculous, he can do no wrong it seems.
Teflon, as in nothing sticks to him?

Not trying to nitpick, phrase is Scot free, refers to taxes.

And to your point, he hasn't had much offense in the first 4 games, and struggled some in the playoffs. Not many people ever blame hank, and with good reason. Gaborik got **** until we discovered his shoulder, and Richards really did seem to disappear in NJ.

I think a good amount of why Cally doesn't get **** on is because his scoring isn't his primary attribute. His forechecking, physical play, shot blocking and penalty killing is. It's how he made the NHL, it's how he got his start here, and for the most part, it very rarely wavers. When he isn't scoring, he's still solid in the other areas, as opposed to Gaborik and Richards, who don't seem to do much if not notching points. More so with Gabby than Richie.

It just so happens in the past 2 seasons he's begun scoring at a 30 goal, 60 point pace. I expect that to dip as he's with out his most complimenting partner in Dubinsky, and likely won't be playing with Richards, so unless Stepan and he click, he probably won't keep up a 60 point pace, but I expect he'll stay close.

He's my favorite player for a reason, he's everywhere. Last season, Callahan was 73rd in points, tied for 31st in goals, 5th in powerplay goals, 4th in game winning goals, 3rd among forwards in blocked shots, and 5th in hits, all in 76 games. Throw in a tendency to pick up overtime goals, and last year even scoring in the shootout(!), you've got a pretty damn good second liner, ontop of being Captain material. So when you tell me you hope he isn't resigned, all I can do is scratch my head.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote