View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 02:19 AM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 500
As a Sens fan, I know this fanbase overrates our players to an absurd degree, but I feel Bishop is getting a tad underrated in this thread.

He's a good goalie, big with a lot of talent. I think he can be a starter in this league if he continues to develop well. He's NHL ready, just needs a chance, which he'll never get in Ottawa with Anderson playing like a #1 and Lehner playing brick wall in Binghamton. The Sens gave up a 2nd for him at the deadline last year; they didn't pay that price for a rental, they obviously believe he has a future. Seeing as how there is interest around the league for him, I think its safe to say other teams feel the same way.

Lindback garned two 2nds and a 3rd because Tampa felt he could turn into a #1 for them down the road
Bobrovsky returned a 2nd and two 4ths because Columbus felt he could be a good goalie for them in the future

What's to stop a team paying a 2nd+ because they feel Bishop could be a good goalie for them? If there is a bidding war he could return a decent piece. Seeing as how Murray paid a 2nd round pick to get him, I think it's fair to say he'd want at least similar value back, but its likely he would want to get more than he paid for Bishop.

Teams who want a good young goaltender, remember: you have to give to get. There's no sense in the Sens trading Bishop for spare pieces.

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote