01-25-2013, 02:55 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
You're welcome.

I know it's been a couple hours, but I just can't ****ing get over how ****ing amazing Joe Thornton is. Just look at the passes he's dishing. Most pointedly, check out the "secondary" assist on the second Marleau goal. He busts his ass back to the defensive zone, strips the puck neatly off the forward, and wings it up to Pavelski all in one fluid, quick motion, like he didn't even have to think about it.

He's amazing. I just want to write paragraphs about his amazingness.
At the risk of appearing insane or that I'm wearing the thickest teal-colored glasses known to man, the ease with which Thornton does most things is positively Gretzky-like. Now, for absolute clarity, I AM NOT saying he has Gretzky level skill (though purely from a playmaking standpoint he just might be one of the best/most comparable to come along since the Great One), just that like Gretzky, Joe seemslike he doesn't have to try to do anything. It just sort of happens because he wants it to. Obviously there is an significant amount of underlying skill and effort, but it's often said that the people who are truly great at their craft are the ones that make it look the easiest and most effortless. And that's what you see in Thornton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWShark View Post
You should pull up some old highlights of Havlat from Ottawa and Chicago... When he was younger he had some of the most insane goals and rushes.
It's a testament to the skill he once had that even after all the injuries and setbacks and whatnot, he's still as good as he is.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.