View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 05:29 AM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
It could be an overpayment but teams know we are hurting now and Kindl won't save us nor White when he comes back. Unless Smith has a huge growth jump this season it will be hard pressed to make a good playoff showing.
And here is the thing, I am not for a panic quick fix move. The Wings have a good system for the right players I am all ears. But this doesn't need to be about a drive for 22 straight. The nature of the shortened season makes me even less interested to be honest. This thing is kind of a crapshoot. What says Kaberle makes you any of those things? I still think they are a playoff team, but Kaberle is not the difference between first round exit and deep run. Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall, and Howard are going to have to carry this team where it will go. Wherever that is is just fine with me as long as there is a plan going forward. They have to let things play out for a little bit, if this is the year the steak ends take your very high pick and get a game plan going in the offseason, one that doesn't include paying Kaberle 4.5 million.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote