View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 06:33 AM
Grahn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
This game pretty much sums up all of my worries about this edition of the Sabres.
I had written a fairly long post, but it's pretty simple: the lack of experience down the middle and what I feel is a poor mix of skaters overall has the potential to end up very bad.
Their success looks like it will be almost completely dependent on whether Miller can make up for their lack of both defensive and offensive ability.
With the very real possibility they'll be eaten alive at the dot and in puck possession, it's a tall task for even the best of netminders.

The worst part is it looks like they'll have to ride Miller into the ground again and hope he can get as hot as he has at times to even have a fighting chance, as the book is out on Enroth.
We know how Ruff is with backups and Jhonas has lost nine or ten in a row now.
He either creates problems for himself and lets in brutal goals or gets picked apart by the best shooters in the world because of his physical flaws.
Five hole is seemingly always available, the top third of the net is there, and he seems to have issues with pucks that just find their way through him.
I've seen enough over the past few years to have no confidence in him.
I haven't seen any games yet this year so take what I say with a grain of salt but I don't really share your lack of confidence for Enroth.
Sure his five-hole needs a lot of work but any goalie not named Miller is gonna let in a lot of goals if there is no support from the team on the ice. Assuming a backup to steal games is setting the bar way high.
Enroth is a good enough backup, If he can close his five-hole and get adequate defensive support, it's safe to assume he could have a 2 GAA over a season.

Grahn is offline   Reply With Quote