View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 06:48 AM
Hackett
BAKAMAN

vCash: 500
I would not touch the desharnais line right now. We should be thankful that gionta is healthy, and that his presence along with a motivated bourque has given the team some secondary scoring and a stronger set of options for plekanec. We should also be thankful that the PP is off to a roaring start. This buys the 2.5 men some time to get back into sync.

Also keep in mind that this trio has not exactly been a liability either, despite their slow start. I don't buy the arguments of desharnais is crap or cole doesn't care. There is nothing wrong with their effort, but the execution and timing is off... that will come back.

Anyways, I'd be very hesitant to tinker with the other lines right now. Why on earth would we do that when the team is averaging 3 goals per game to start?

As for the game, I think the habs took advantage of a fragile capitals team. Once the habs got 2 goals on them, they just caved in. There is something very wrong with that team. The goal by gionta is a perfect example of what is going on with them. How can a guy just walk right in front of the net with no caps player on the radar?

What can you say about Price? He has been masking alot of deficiencies on our defensive side and the PK. That's exactly the kind of goaltending this team needs.

Credit to the habs. All they can do is take advantage of these teams... whether its a disinterested/tired florida team or a fragile capitals team.

Last edited by Hackett: 01-25-2013 at 06:56 AM.
Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote