View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 06:17 AM
Znthnk

vCash: 500
I would love Subban to be signed and helping the team. That said, accusations that Habs management wants to "cheat" or are being cheap towards Subban are ridiculous since the habs are one of the franchises that spends up to the cap limit. Whatever money Subban gets will come off some other current or potential player's salary in the future. As a new GM, Bergevin's got to manage his cap not solely for the short term, but long term as well.

There is something that keeps Bergevin from giving Subban the big payoff RIGHT NOW. I'm sure Subban has his own doubts at the moment. Hopefully, they build trust and come to some understanding. I have a good feeling that it could be settled before Sundays game against the Devils.

I don't think Bergevin should give Subban a blank cheque or trade him. Some here and elsewhere suggest one or the other. Patience is needed.

Edit: I also like to add that Emelin and Diaz turn UFA in a couple of years. Giving the bank to Subban may jeopardize retaining one or both these players. As pivotal Subban is to the defense, he's not the WHOLE defense..

Last edited by Znthnk: 01-25-2013 at 06:24 AM.