View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 07:17 AM
BobRouse

vCash: 500
Oates really showed his lack of experience last night.

The game was 0-0 and we just killed off about a minute of a 5-3 with the PKers doing a good job but trapped in their zone the whole time. They were dog tired.

Never in my life have I seen a coach call a TO in that situation and put 2 of the 3 guys right back out there!!! I was screaming at the TV that it better work or else he's gonna suffer.

Not only does he put Karlzner out but then Ribiero as the forward?? He's not even good on face offs and Backstrom would have been a far superior choice.

Anyhow the Habs score. Ok...fine..its a 5-3

Next shift PK (we got another penalty right after those expired)? He puts Karlzner RIGHT back out there! They were clearly gassed as they played pretty much the entire first 6 minutes of the period.

Those two end up being on the ice for all 4 montreal goals and were clearly spent due to overuse.

That took all the wind out of the sails of this fragile team.

As far as the PK. There maybe some coaching issues (mainly revolving around the personnel he goes to) but it littered with physical mistakes as guys can NEVER seem to clear the zone and when they do its delay of game. Not sure what Brouwer was doing but for a guy who talked so much during the lockout he was already in the Tinner's doghouse.

Looks like a long year of suck but ofcourse I will watch every game anyhow. At least it gives me something to biatch about....

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote