View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 07:29 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

vCash: 500
Ok, I'm starting to get a bit worried here. Two straight road games that this team just doesn't seem to have the horses, anywhere, to seriously challenge these other teams.

Losing 5-1 in Phoenix: As much as I heard RJ say it wasn't Mason's fault, I still think that, subconsciously, this team sort of resigns itself to a loss with Mason in the net and the team down a goal or two. We also see that offense is something that continues to baffle this team. My hope was with the Nash trade, It would allow guys like Brass and Johansen, really talented, highly drafted guys, to step into their own a bit, as well as have a sort of "scoring by committee" from the new acquistions as well as a sprinkle from the back end and now, I'm getting worried.

Losing last night 4-0: The team played hard, despite the final score, but I seriously wonder just how sustainable the message in the room is when nobody can seem to score despite outshooting a team in a similar situation as you are (rebuilding, retooling). Last night was the first night I really got worried when I looked at our blueline situation too. Johnson, Wiz and Tyutin are all locked up for at least another 4 years. While I appreciate the outward signs of leadership, i only hope that can hold up if this continues spiraling downward.

Basically, just like last year, a full game effort still seems to allude this team. I said after the Detroit loss that the team caught a break in that Nashville and Detroit both couldn't bury the CBJ early, which could have happened if not for Bob's play in the first periods of both games, that the team would need to find the offense in a hurry would they would go nowhere again this season.

I know its early, And I'm not going to pretend to know everyone's expectations for this team here. What I will say is that I was praying for the lockout to wipe away the season, get us a great shot at the first overall again, and come back with a renewed focus, energy next season. What we have seems to be a group of guys that are willing to try harder and for longer stretches of game time, but still to a similar, albeit less embarassing, result.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote