View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 07:46 AM
Brooklanders*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveat View Post
Man...how things change.. Nearly EVERYONE here didn't want Aucoin on this team. The guy is an amazing leader for the younger guys..ALL the younger guys....even Tavares. Aucoin is the type of guy, I believe the Isles wanted out of Reasoner.

I call this new line with Aucoin, the "Gilligan" Line. Bunch of castaways that people gave up on, but proved to have decent chemistry. If Aucoin keeps playing the way he has, then He could be our full time 3rd line center..at least until we get to Brooklyn. The guy makes things happen. Putting him on 4th line would be a waste for him. Even Nino couldn't do anything. ACTUALLY, I wouldn't mind a line like:

Ullstrom - Aucoin - Nino in the future. Aucoin is the exact type of player that could jumpstart Nino, especially with the work ethic of both Ullstrom and Aucoin. Too bad both are lefties. Maybe toss around Ullstrom - Aucoin - Kabby or Nino Aucoin Kabby. Man, Aucoin is perfect for developing our younger prospects.
No not everyone but I saw outside hate from Maple Leafs fans who care about the Marlies alot more than Isle fans. Some fans of our team called the Islanders a joke. As to say waiver guys and AHL vets who never got a full time chance dont belong. The majority of fans trust Garth and understand we are headed in the right direction. Its fun to acquire players that teams cant fit on the roster or think they are too small for the NHL. I love building a team this way. Seriously Nabokov, PA, Moulson, Grabner, Strait, and now Aucoin. IM surprised NYI didnt get Cory Conacher. I hope the Islanders sign Aucoin, Boyes, and Strait to extensions.

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote