Thread: Speculation: Nino seeking trade?
View Single Post
01-25-2013, 09:04 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by NicoSB View Post
I'm pretty sure Nino said something like he wouldn't be unhappy with a trade rather than he demanded a trade, you know, media and stuff.

However him being angry about not being invited to the camp is imho understandable. He has been among top 10 scorers in an AHL filled with NHL players. I find it a mistake that they didn't invite him to the camp, just can't understand that. Ofcourse he did have a bad last season but look at his line. Let him play fourth line will result in few goals, he didn't even reach the plural though.
Nino has to understand that the team values him highly and us Islander fans love him. Keeping him in the Ahl for one more season is the right move and no slight to him. Yes i agree he should have been invited to camp. Garth made people unhappy including myself but asking for a trade or even thinking about leaving NY because of it and other minor factors shows a little immaturity. I do believe the media twisted the entire thing. Nino is a very intelligent and respectful kid. I am so happy we drafted this kid. Nino was the highest drafted Swiss player ever. The draftniks said the team reached a little. Isnt that all you need to know. Brett Connolly of the Lightning is in the exact same situation and he was drafted in the same draft ahead of El Nino. Cory Conacher is an undersized UFA that took his spot.
Nino you have such a bright future on this team please have some patience. IF anybody should be impatient it is the NYI fanbase because we have been through losing for so long. Dont you want to be apart of the good times? Dont you want to be a star on Broadway? Nino will be a fulltime player next season and should be the first to be called if injury strikes. I would try and trade Reasoner and get rid of Finley and maybe Boulton to find a way to get him on the team this year.
The NYI need you and Strome and Reinhart etc.

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote