Thread: Proposal: Detroit - Montreal - Kaberle
View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 09:30 AM
Pepin le bref

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Kaberle - Puck moving dman that we need (actually we need any top 4 dman right now) Big 4.5m contract, Canadiens possibly looking at buying him out anyways end of the year. Aging and on the decline but can provide enough minutes for the Detroit blue line.

for

Sheahan - Very close to being the 3/4 defensive center that can chip in with maybe 5-10 goals a year but has size and wheels. Young enough that he could potential have top six upside but I wouldn't bet on it. Gives the Canadiens a way to rid themselves of Kaberle acquiring some depth size down the middle that is young and has speed to fit their team.

Wings want a defender, Kaberle was always on my list of guys that should fit into the system. With Ferraro improving his game, Andersson being in AHL and can fill a defensive role and likely Emmerton/Abdelkader locking down the 3/4 center slots, I see Sheahan as a possibly attractive young depth piece to move for a defender that can help our team maybe for the next 2 years while we wait for our d prospects to get up to speed.
Done and done, he's all yours.

Seriously, Kaberle has been awful thus far. When Subban comes back, Kaberle will be available for a 5th round pick...maybe even less.

Pepin le bref is offline   Reply With Quote