View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 08:33 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Do people realize how many prospects the Wings have in their pipeline (keep in mind I didn't qualify the abilities of them). Trading away draft picks and prospects is what we SHOULD be doing. We've accumulated so many prospects since the lockout started that we obviously either don't have room for them or are not planning to make room for them.

I'm not claiming they have a ton of value - but being this conservative when we're re-signing Samuelsson, Bertuzzi and probably Cleary this year makes zero sense. So why try to get even more? Unload some for talent that helps us now.
i have absolutely no qualms with trading away a 19th overall pick(our highest pick in two decades that we earned) or prospects for good to elite young players(lets say a subban or a el nino level player) but not a journeyman bottom pairing dman being cast away by a non-playoff team(colorado)

quincey was a reactionary move to acquire a filler with no eye 3 to 5 years down the road.

so yah, if we arent going to be aggressive and "try" and acquire more top end young talent one way or another then its a better idea to just hold onto our picks

Zetterberg4Captain is online now   Reply With Quote