Thread: Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVI
View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 08:51 AM
BobRouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
Oates shouldnt get canned that early. If the hire is *that* bad, it's GMGM who needs to ax. He hired the man, after an exhaustive search. Firing Oates 6 games in represents John MacLean type failure (worse than Cassidy).

And again...its not *that* they are losing. Its how they look doing it. The eye test is worse than the results, if that is even possible when you are outscored 14-6 by 3 soft/crap non-playoff teams (2 at home).

All of these "trades" people are proposing is stupid. A wont happen, B still have the same core and GM.

Game Over, people.
I agree with everything you say here. But at some point I would expect Oates to be canned if this continues. Is it fair? Nope. But thats how it will play out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3 LesPaul View Post
Realistically if we keep sucking and go winless, what will be done?

I know firing Oates is tough to do so soon.

McPhee? Players traded?
Stick it out?
As far as this season goes they should just stick it out and hope for a turnaround.

I don't think trades are the answer here during the season. A GM switch doesn't do much right now either...that would be best in the offseason.

In the NHL and NBA the solution is always to fire the coach and thats what will happen.