The Race to the Bottom - Rebuild Thread.
View Single Post
01-25-2013, 10:04 AM
Join Date: Sep 2002
Let the kids play, let the kids gain experience. Lupul's injury is a blessing to be honest. Gives us more of an opportunity to see what Frattin can do in the short term. Frattin, Kadri, JVR, Bozak, Gunnerson, Gardiner, Komorav, and our goalies are the future of this team. We should be able to consider this year a success if the following happens. And its in the order of importance:
1. Kadri, Komarov, Frattin, JVR, Gunnerson, Gardiner become an integral part to next year with successful seasons
2. Bozak, McCarther, Komisarek, Franson prove worth around league and gain value for possible trades
3. Distinguish Goalie Situation. Who is the starter if in house, if not who is your backup when a number one is acquired in off-season
4. Build team chemistry and team philosophy for next season
5. Distinguish holes to fill in free agency and trades this upcoming off season. Important off season to spend wisely as we have abundance of cap space.
6. Playoffs. If we can do all of the above and make playoffs thats great. If not then we use the above to move forward. Add through the draft to core.
Ideally it would be nice to see the playoffs this season. But realistically this is a nice to have not a must this season. Build, play youth and assess what you have. Thats what this season should be. Use the season as a pre-season to next year just extended of course. No irrational moves or moves out of panic only necessity.
Should be a fun season from what I have seen so far. Really impressed with play with exception of one game. We will see.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by BlueForever