Thread: Proposal: Boston - Edmonton
View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 09:06 AM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
You couldn't convince me to swap Peverly for Hemsky even if you added the 2013 Edm 1st. Peverly plays in all situations, and has outscored Hemsky. Keep dreaming.

You are one of the few Oiler fans who repeatedly attempt to force the Edmonton's hobbled players (Hemsky, Whitney) or their underachieving Smurf center (Gagner) down every other fans throats for upgrades to your roster. Nobody wants Hemsky, nobody wants Whitney, nobody wants Gagner.. not unless youre ok with mid round draft picks in exchange.

Keep the current plan going, tank & continue to add talent via draft. Sooner or later these kids will mature and start winning (lots), at that point Tambo will find free agents will approve Edmonton as a destination.
I'd like you to show me where I once propose Hemsky, Whitney or Gagner to any other team. Go ahead, I'll wait.
That's right, couldn't find it could you. There's a huge difference between defending players that are consistently referred to as crap who are actually decent players and would help teams, and trying to, as you say, force other teams to take them. I have no issues with the Oilers continuing the rebuild the way they have, for the first time in 25 years we have more than one skilled player in our lineup. Now its about figuring out ways to balance that lineup. Of course it would be nice to have a Lucic on our roster, or a big bodied center, but I've in no way ever suggested that Boston would or should trade Lucic to us. So keep making up stories smart guy, its entertaining.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote