View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 09:11 AM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Fan View Post
Actually the Mets became relevant when they traded for Piazza, but that's besides the point. I never called you out on the Pedro thing either. When I first read it I thought it had some value until I researched the facts. Most of this back and froth would have never been had you just realized that Pedro did nothing for the Mets.

Where I have trouble with your theroy about UFA's wanting to come here becasue the Isles future has been settled is that I have never, in over 40 years of following this sport as well as every other major sport, with the exception of basketball, have seen anyone say they are not going to this team or that team because the future of the franchise is uncertain. Perhaps they have and I have just missed and if that is the case please provide the link. I will once again repeat myself and tell you players go to teams for money and for a chance to win. Younger guys lean toward the money while older vets want a chance at the ring before the retire and in most cases are willing to take less money for the chance to win. New buildings, old buildings, a team staying or a team moving has little impact if any.

My point, which you keep missing, is that current ownership has shown no signs, not a shred of evidence, that there is huge pool of money waitng to be tapped to improve this team once they move. Wang can say what he wants but actions speak louder than words and his actions have shown that nothing is going to happen. Like I said, if I am wrong I will be the first to admit so.

Improving this team today does nothing but help Wang make money. It increases the value of the franchise (if selling it is his want), it makes selling the new arena easier and it makes the team attractive to potential UFA's. Waiting until you move to pour money back into the team makes no practical or financial sense. I am sure you will tell me that Wang just wants to stick it to Nassau County before he goes, but he's won that battle, there is nothing left to prove.
At this point, you're right. I'm wrong. I'm not going to waste anymore time on this Mets thing. Pedro didn't do this or that and you win. The fact that you continue to argue about this fascinates me.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote