View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 09:16 AM
GF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Getting an expansion team is like having an fat girlfriend that you know at some point will become lean and beautiful. A little sacrifice for long time pleasure!!!
Time to hit the gym fatso!

In all seriousness, and I am pretty sure PKP thought about this too, there is more than one struggling team right now. Why spend money on an expansion when one of these team is likely to go belly up in the next years? In fact, why would the NHL go with an expansion with so many teams struggling to make ends meet? I read things on the business of hockey forums that doesn't make sense to me.

Anyhow, if I was PKP, I would rather wait a couple years for a relocation than an expansion team tomorrow. Not knowing how urgently PKP needs/wants a team of course.

Final thought, the NHL would lose my respect (and others' I'm sure) if it was going to give a relocation to another city (Seatle) and an expansion to Quebec city. This city had to go through many disastrous seasons in its short history only to see its winning team move to Denver. Given the choice, the NHL should definitely give QC the relocation.

This is of course all speculation at this point.