View Single Post
01-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Took the red pill
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Ask a fan of the other 29 teams what they think of Lucic and Marchand, and some of their on ice activities through the years...

We took a very un-Bruinlike Nathan Horton and made him into a Bruin...we could do the same with anyone, if Chiarelli decided to go that route. I think the brass likes Subban. It's not like it's Ott, Cooke or Kaleta.
We did? Why didn't I get an invitation?

The argument is silly, because it's never going to happen, but I like the Bruins defense now. I like Ference because he'll drop the gloves to defend teammates even though he's small and not an enforcer. I like McQuaid because he scares the poop out of guys who dare to mess with his goalie. I like Boychuk because he hits like a Mack truck. Chara and Seidenberg, it goes without saying. And I love our young stud and look forward to seeing him grow up a Bruin.

If you want to trade for Subban, one or more of those guys have to go. Now, if Subban was a supreme talent, that would be one thing. But I don't think he is. He's good. He's not the second coming of Nick Lidstrom, sorry.

Hockey, more than any other sport, feeds on chemistry. There are times when a team will live with an annoying teammate because his supreme talent makes it worth it. But to me, dumping someone like Ference or Boychuk to add a guy who made Patrice Bergeron literally roll his eyes isn't worth it, and refutes everything the Bruins stand for.

So go ahead, throw stuff and tell me I'm not a "real" fan, etc.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote