Thread: Proposal: Detroit-Toronto
View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 09:50 AM
abhanot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
I can't see how Liles has done anything to improve his value since being traded to Toronto. He was coming off a 46-point campaign and was signed for another year and brought back a 2nd round pick. I don't believe that the additional year he has left on his deal now compared to then makes up for the decrease in production from him since. I don't see him returning a 1st, to say the very least.
I was torn between a 2nd or first, but Liles had a very good year a year ago coming off the 46 point campaign, until his concussion. Its true, he hasn't been as sharp since then, so a 2nd or 3rd seems more than fair for him, I think I over-valued him a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
BTW, why would the Leafs move Liles? Him and Gardiner are the only two PMD's we have, and Gardiner is just returning from a concussion. Did we already forget how atrocious we were at carrying the puck out of our zone in between Kaberle's departure and Gardiner's/Liles' arrival?

Add to that the fact that Liles' value isn't the best at the moment, and I see absolutely no reason to move him until another PMD is ready from our system.
Leafs defence as stands:

Phaneuf-Kostka
Gardiner-Liles
Gunnarsson-Franson/Komisarek

Phaneuf, Kostka, Gardiner, Rielly, Percy, Blacker. All players who are above average offensively, albeit some may not be ready for the jump. But as I said, these scenarios as prime only if the Leafs are out of contention. No need to have Liles in that scenario, where a team like the Wings could really use him.

abhanot is offline   Reply With Quote