View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Spartin03

vCash: 500
Hey guys- Recently moved from Boston to Columbus, so I am new to the Blue Jackets board. I understand that historically as well as this year that this team hasn’t been good at all, and don’t get me wrong they haven’t played well this year, but I also don’t think they have been as bad as some think here.

A major problem I see with this team are awful penalties, especially in the offensive/neutral zones. It is almost impossible to get into a flow of a game while you are consistently on the PK. Let’s face it, you have to now play 4 lines in this league to be successful, and when you cant roll the lines out because of bad penalties it is tough to sustain any offensive pressure.

Their lack of puck possession is also an issue. They honestly do not have a lot of toughness along the wall up front (in either zone). They make panic outlet passes on the breakout which causes turnovers in their end. This has caused their breakouts to be a huge issue so far this year. In the offensive zone they just flat lose battles for pucks. I don’t doubt that the bottom six guys are tough, but the top six players need to grab their lunch pale and go to work because outside of a few possessions this year they have not had any sustained pressure.

If they can clean up the penalties, and be tougher and patient along the wall, I think you will see drastic improvements in their play.

Spartin03 is offline   Reply With Quote