Thread: Bob
View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 09:53 AM
Skraut

vCash: 500
The real question is, what system have they had time to implement.

6 day camp, mostly used to shake the rust off of guys who aren't playing. Games every other night, with lots of back to back's thrown in.

February 3rd and 4th, are the first back to back days off, in other words a chance to practice full ice and continue learning a system.

That gets followed up with Feb 8th, and 9th, another opportunity to learn a system.

Yeah I know we all want to believe that hard work and a good system will overcome the lack of talent. I even saw someone (I'm not going to say who in order to protect their identity) in the offseason say that they thought the Jackets would be a lot like the 1980 olympic team. The problem is, that team had almost a year to prepare and learn their system, practicing every day for 6 months before even playing their first exhabition game. This shortened season is a lot more like the current olympic tournaments; collections of all stars coming together quickly.

The teams with the advantages are the ones that 1) have tons of talent, or 2) didn't make many changes, so have a vast majority of the team that already know the system.

Neither of which the Blue Jackets fit into.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote