Old
01-25-2013, 09:53 AM
BelovedIsles

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post
Chill with that.

I saw the game last night too and it was one of the most enjoyable games I've watched in a long time. That said, the Leafs are AWFUL. Their goaltending is worse than awful. Let's see what this team can do against a real team... starting with tonight.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled we are 2-1 instead of 1-2 or 0-3 at this point but just look back to last year where we started 3-1. Or even the year before with the 4-1-2 start.

An absolute TON has to break our way to get into the playoffs.
I second this. Even with the additions of Bailey, Vis, and JJ the playoffs will be a tough feat for this flawed team. I'm wondering how Nabby will shoulder the burden of a tight schedule, age isn't on his side. The defense (with Vis) is avg. same for the offense. I'll be the first to admit if I'm wrong come April, but this is another bottom-5 team, albeit much to my chagrin.

Some other notes from the first few games:

I cannot fathom why Finley is still playing, he's a redundancy with Carkner, and frankly, Carkner is more reliable. Hickey deserves a chance, so does Marty.

Concerned about AMac and Hammer burning out. Ideally these are second pairing D men, on the Isles they are thrust into first pairing+ minutes.

Would like to see Cizikas and McDonald in Bridge when Bailey/JJ play.

Martin looks like a more well-rounded player, Mike Rupp David Clarkson mold; he's developed nicely.

Loving Ullstrom, IMO he can develop into a premier 3rd liner.

JT looks a bit 'off,' if you will. Perhaps due to re-adjusting to the smaller surface, perhaps due to a lack of a playmaker on that line (ala PAP). Imagine what he could do with elite talent on his line.

Hats off to Grabner, and overall that 2nd line. Do we finally have some depth scoring?

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote