Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Gustav Nyquist
View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 11:14 AM
Run the Jewels

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
I said, and I quote, That Tatar NEVER stated he was going to bolt for the KHL. He never said he's going to bolt for the KHL. He said it's an option down the line, but he didn't know. That's far from certainty that he's going to absolutely bolt. It's a strawman argument that you're making.

I didn't call you a Holland hater. To say that Tatar doesn't have a roster spot next year is complete BS, and I will call you on it. There are four forward position spots to fill next year. Cleary will not be resigned. Even if Filppula is resigned (I don't think he will), that leaves 3 positions. Two of those WILL be filled by Tatar and Nyquist, unless they are traded. To argue against this is arguing against common sense.
Filppula will be renewed. That's how Ken Holland operates and I believe it would be wise to sign him to a new deal given he's one of our best forwards, plays in all areas and still has some untapped upside. However I'm very confident the Wings will buy Franzen out with an amnesty buy out and that could open up a spot for Tatar since we know the odds of us getting a guy in free agency are long.

Run the Jewels is offline   Reply With Quote