Thread: Slow down...
View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 10:23 AM
KingsFan7824

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I said this when the Kings were on their way to winning the Cup but them winning the Cup has me indifferent to anything that happens in the future.
I can't say I'm indifferent, but I can say the angst I felt as a Kings fan for all those years prior to June 11th isn't there. I got to see the Kings win a Cup, and first one in franchise history at that. That's going to sustain me for a while.

Saying that, the Kings are just playing too loose so far. Those short, crisp passes they were making in the playoffs are nowhere to be found right now. The aggressive Quick in the playoffs has been an overaggressive Quick this season. Some of the guys aren't in game shape, some are. They're coming off the high of increasing levels of playoff hockey. They're just kind of all over the place.

The weird thing is that I feel it as a fan. The 3 games so far haven't felt like real games. Maybe part of that is the lockout, but it's also a recent Cup run. These aren't playoff games in a short series with the season on the line.

Last edited by KingsFan7824: 01-25-2013 at 10:42 AM.
KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote