View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 10:29 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
I think it's asinine to think Yak doesn't have those qualities based on his reaction to a goal. You need to give him some time in the league before you can make any connection on those qualities. Like I said, not everyone is as mature as those guys at such a young age. These are genarational leaders you are talking about. You also have to see the culture these players grew up in. Yzerman/Sakic are Canadians, and were used to low key celebration culture I guess. Yak played most of his hockey in Russia where they celebrate the **** out of their goals. Just look at Ovy, Kovy, and that Komarov goal () for example.

This is getting ridiculous now. So you expect players to show no emotion on achieving small goals unless its a game winning/season defining play? And honestly, I don't see what's so wrong about putting a little celebration in there. Hockey is about entertainment, and seeing some creative celebrations from players is entertaining.
It's not a little celebration.. It's just like St. Louis said about the EDM goal last year with the spin move. It's just too much. You haven't done anything yet, you don't get to do that kind of thing in the NHL..