View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 11:32 AM
powerstuck
User Registered

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GF View Post
Didn't the price for the CH include the Bell Center? The most profitable venue in North America?? IIRC it did.

So no way in hell is anyone gonna pay even near 300m$ for an expansion team in Quebec city. People think that wealthy businessmen became wealthy by making dump decisions with their money??

The Thrashers sold for 170m$, the Blues for 150m$ and the Coyotes are on the hook for basically 170m$. An expansion team for more than 170m$ is ridiculous. Besides Toronto (Markham/Hamilton), I don't see anyone willing to pay over 200m$ for a new franchise. In their case, if there is a bidding war between two or more investors I wouldn't be surprised to see upwards of 300m$. For Quebec city? No way! I don't believe it.
So you get the point why I don't think an expansion team is a 100% sure bet for Quebec. Think about it, even after moving Phoenix to Seattle (if it ever happens), it would still be too much to ask Gary Bettman to expand the league by two team, and to put both of those two teams in the North-East, in CANADA !!!!!1111!

We will be in war with GTA for one of the two expansion teams and Las Vegas or somewhere close they will get a 2nd one.