View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 11:38 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
8 of the next 9 (or something like that) at home. I'm not calling for some major run to make the playoffs seem possible, just that if the issues of rust, chemistry, fitness and effort are going to be addressed, we should see the results over that stretch. By the end, we should know what we have, IMO. That, for me anyway, includes the coaching staff, too.
I agree, this upcoming stretch should go a long way to demonstrating which way the rest of the season may be expected to go. A win over Chicago, while perhaps not critical, might reasonably labeled as key, considering how poorly the last two games were played. Another bad loss and the cries of "here we go again" will echo through the halls of HF and the Arena. A win at least gives us some hope for competitive hockey in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
I'm not going to get too up or down about anything that happens this season. To me, this year is nothing more than a transitional one. Any success achieved is a bonus. The transformation will continue this offseason when the team can use the draft and the rest of the summer to structure the roster closer to what JD feels it needs. Even next season to me is one with low expectations, but hopefully the season after that they will begin to turn the corner.
This truly is the bottom line for this team.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote