View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 11:43 AM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartin03 View Post
Correct, there was some sustained pressure last night. What I see from that pressure is a lot of point shots with traffic in front. It isnít a bad way to play, but it becomes predictable, and you can see opposing teams collapsing low and waiting for them to move the puck up top and then they fill the shooting lanes (see COL 26 blocked shots).

They pressure that they sustain has to create more opportunities from their skill players. The problem is the skill guys arenít battling for position consistently enough and relying on scoring off the rush, and then they go right into getting shots from the point.

I want to see some toughness out of them, more cycling, and create more quality opportunities. Obviously they have to finish these opportunities, but I want to see more from the forwards.
You are correct, the PP was getting extremely predictable as well. We did get a few chances from the forwards, later in the game, off the forcheck. However, that might be simply a product of a team playing with a lead.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote