View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 10:46 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Yeah it worries me too. Holding out like that has never been good for any player historically. And if there is truth to him rubbing guys the wrong way the longer it goes the harder it will be for him to integrate the group.
Like who?
Yashin and Radulov? Does guys chose not to honor contracts. In those cases, ya, they won't get sympathy.
But others that held out like Dryden or Doughty, because they felt they were worth more than what they were being offered, they never rubbed guys the wrong way.

I mean, especially this year, after the players went through a lockout and missed half the year because they wanted to stick to their guns and get their fair value. Now that one of their own does the same for his personal contract, they're gonna hold it against him?? That would be very hypocritical, and stupid.
Like I said, it's not like he's refusing to respect a current deal in place. He's unsigned.
I don't see why this would rub his teammates, that just fought the same battle except on a larger scale, the wrong way.